Monday, July 5, 2021

Pirate Golf - Two Page Scrapbook Layout

 It's been awhile since I've posted. I was struggling with a health issue and then away on a work trip in Colorado...more future scrapbook material!! Back at the blogging today! 

This is a fun layout of our sibling getaway weekend from a few years back. We are so blessed that our family gets along, and actually enjoys each other's company! I know it's not like that for everybody. On this day, we were playing some competitive miniature golf. Well, I'm not very competitive at this game, but everybody else is way better at it than I am. 

I love the "realistic" looking and grungy cloud paper as a backdrop to our outdoor fun. The outside paper strips came from the same paper stack, so of course, match perfectly. I cut the title and hat with my Cricut. The hat was a fairly close match to our statue friend's hat. I slightly overlapped the title with the hat to give it a layered and whimsical look.
I think my favorite part, aside from the pictures of our beloved family, is how the red and black pennants set off the colors of the page and ground the layout.
I also used a patterned paper to add a narrow matt around each picture. Wallet size photos help me tell the story with even more pictures, because there is never enough room. The journal tag adds to the graphic look with the black and white stripes.

Hope you enjoy your Independence Day!! May God continue to bless America, the land of the free because of the brave!




No comments:

Post a Comment