Thursday, June 4, 2020

Royal Hawaiian - Two Page Hawaii Scrapbook Page

Summer weather is upon us, and I hope you are enjoying a little more freedom to get out and enjoy the days. Here in northeast Indiana, things are getting somewhat back to "normal". We're living in crazy times, and it really makes me want to get away on a nice vacation! Hawaii maybe? I wish I could go again... right now...but I will have to settle for the memories from last year.

These pictures are from our first morning at the Royal Hawaiian. The Hubs and I got our first chance to check out the grounds in daylight. We enjoyed a nice breakfast together, and then got down to business with pre-program meetings and pulling together the final details for the rest of the group that would be arriving throughout the day.
 I love this super distressed paper with these pictures. It looks like old paint, pulled back showing older wood beneath. The decorative travel tape and ticket stub ephemera added a little bit of detail, along with the palm trees.
 I tried so hard to find the perfect font for the title that would resemble the hotel sign. This is as close as I could get in Design Studio. It took several tries to get it to cut properly since the font was so skinny where the letters were merged and welded together. But, I finally got it!
I hope this layout inspires you to scrapbook, create, or maybe book a trip to somewhere tropical!! Have a great day! I have lots more Hawaii layouts to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment