Monday, December 31, 2018

One Page Layout - "New Family Tradition"

I have just one sibling..an older brother. He lives about 3 hours away in Michigan. Our parents are both gone now, so we only have each other as far as our core immediate family. Last year, my brother and sister-in-law joined us for dinner on Christmas day. We had already celebrated with my kids and their families. We had a great time. They just came for the day, but it was nice to have a quiet day catching up with them.
We were in the process of moving the week after Christmas, so this is one of the last formal photos inside our old dining room. The tree on our table was the only tree we had because it just didn't make sense to put one up as we were in the process of packing. It was a crazy time for our family!! Moving is not my favorite!

Since then, my brother and his wife have separated. I'm not sure how that will turn out. Personally, I think they're a great pair, but I have to trust that God will work that out between them. My brother came for Christmas day again this year and we enjoyed his company. This time he was able to spend the night in our guest room at our new house and spend a little more time with us. We loved having him!! I'm sure I'll be scrapping that event in the near future.

I hope that my brother will come down more often now that we have guest space ready and waiting. We are looking forward to hosting family and friends as much as possible! 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment