Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Two Page Scrapbook Layouts - Mackinaw Island

Mackinaw Island is one of our favorite places to visit. Whether we're lucky enough to spend a long weekend there, or even just a day trip, it's so much fun! Here's a few layouts from a few summers back. Our son joined us for the trip. We had a great time!

First....."Are We There Yet" - A layout of our bike ride around Mackinaw Island.
 Even I made it all the way around!! I had to walk my cruiser bike up one of the hills, but aside from that, the 8.2 mile trip was a breeze! My son and husband bike often and go much farther, so I was happy to keep up with them, for the most part.
 We rented our bikes and mine was a cruiser! I came home convinced that I needed to replace my mountain bike with a cruiser! For my birthday that year, I picked out my very own Electra Townie 7D. Oh my word...so much more comfortable and I love riding again.
Gorgeous views all the way around the island. Lots of places to stop, rest, skip stones, and take pictures.

We stayed one night on the island at a beautiful bed and breakfast just one street back from the main drag. What a gorgeous place! The flowers and the hospitality were amazing.

"Flower Power" at the Metevier Inn, Mackinaw Island
 I must admit this is probably the first time I've ever used lavender card stock! :) I like the way it turned out, though. I can almost smell the flowers.
 Such a fun place to stay. They thought of everything to make our stay memorable.
If you've never been, you need to go and experience Mackinaw Island overnight. Maybe I should start collecting commissions from the MI Convention Bureau. 😃 You really don't need to go to California or Florida to experience beautiful coastal views and beaches. #puremichigan

No comments:

Post a Comment