Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Two Page Scrapbook Layout - "Giant Trees..."

Here's my second and last layout of the Sequoia National Forest. I really make myself pick the very, very best photos so that I'm not doing an entire album for a really special one day event. It's hard, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles to not scrap every single great picture.
 Which photos tell your story the best? For this layout, I picked the photos of the biggest tallest trees with the best lighting, and if possible with people in the picture to show just how huge the trees really are. I quite often print several pictures in wallet size so that I can put more on a page. I didn't do that for this photo, but I did use True Digital size which is a little smaller than 4x6.  This really helps when you're trying to maximize the number of photos on a layout.
 Why do I limit myself? Have you ever had a close friend or family member who went through ALL of their trip photos with you one by one by one? It can be painful as you pretend to remain interested. I try to keep that in mind when I'm scrapbooking my own photos. My albums are for me and my loved ones to cherish, but nobody will want to look at them if there are too many layouts of the same event...they won't even know where to start, and they'll just get bored. It's sad, but true! These are the things I think about when I scrapbook, but I know others like to scrap every picture, so please do whatever you have time to finish, and what makes you happy. I try to be realistic with myself...scrap the event, not every photo, so that the album can actually get done and be shared. It's one of the many beautiful things about digital photos, you only print the best.
Now I'll step down off my soapbox. ;) The paper is Heidi Swapp's "Forever" and Paper Pizzaz (barnwood). I used Simple Stories "Snap" little alpha stickers and the title font is Cricut's "Jubilee - Runt". I used marker on the little StampinUp! wood elements to give them a little more definition. The banner at the top was made from a piece of scrap that I had on hand and my SU bitty banner punch.

I'd love to hear how you decide which photos to scrap. Do you limit yourself? Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hope you are able to enjoy some scrappy time really soon.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages! You really captured the essence of these giants with your tall banner and big letters. We went to CA a couple of years ago and this will be fun to CASE one of these days. I have a very hard time not scrapping every photo. I'm actually in a dilemma trying to decide if I need to scrap them, or let them go. :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words! It is so very hard to choose the best. I guess when you love them all, you really can't go wrong and you'll love whichever ones you do end up choosing. Good luck! I'd love to see your pages if you decide to scrap them. :)

    ReplyDelete