Sunday, June 12, 2016

Two Page Scrapbook Layout - "Happy Father's Day"

Next week is Father's Day!!! I hope you are able to celebrate with your Dad or another father figure in your life. Father's are the unsung heroes of the family.
 When Mom and Dad work together as a team, it's a beautiful blessing designed by God. My hubby is the love of my life, and he is an amazing Dad to our two boys even though they are now grown. He raised them to be strong, faithful, dependable and to love their future wives unconditionally, to treat them like a Princess of great value. My husband does that for me, and most of the time I don't deserve it. Neither of us are perfect, but we never give up on each other in those tough times. Now my oldest boy is also a Daddy of two precious little ones. I watched him take on the role of husband at a young age, and now he is an amazing Dad who loves his family well.
 Father's are such a critical person in our lives. I lost my Dad a few years back (about two months after these pictures were taken) and it's such a feeling of isolation. Once we're grown, we think we don't depend on them as much anymore, but you realize when they're gone, the sense of security, continuity and safety that is lost. He was always there for me and now he's not. When my father-in-law passed away, I remember my husband and I asking each other, "Who is going to pray for us every day, now?"
Now I'm getting all sappy and wiping away the tears, but that's how it is when we remember somebody we loved dearly. So let me distract myself by telling you about the supplies I used on this layout. The paper is MME Kraft Fun Day and the pictures are matted in Bramble. The title is cut with Cricut's Father's Day cartridge. The wood accents are from Bo Bunny.

Enjoy your family today and make some fond memories together.

No comments:

Post a Comment