Friday, January 24, 2014

Two Page Scrapbook Layout - "Fun and Games"

When my husband's family gets together for any extended length of time, we end up seated around the table playing games. We're a bit competitive, but mostly it's just about having fun together. Our favorite game to play with a big group is Mexican Trains. Every once in awhile we have to break out the rules to make sure nobody is bending them in their direction. =)

We played together during our Christmas celebration a few weeks ago, but last year, I actually took some pictures with a scrapbook layout in mind. Do you ever do that?
The domino paper is from Pickle Press. Our family is a colorful bunch...a little light blue and red cardstock run through the crimper and some black and white ribbon was just enough to bring out the color in the photos. The file tab was cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge. I used matching teal brads to attach it to the page.
 The title was cut with Cricut's "Nifty Fifties" cartridge. My hole punch came in handy for lots of pretty colored domino dots to scatter diagonally across the page.
I took a bunch of random shots during the game, then made everybody stop and pose while I took pictures of their hands, and the funky domino design. I even took a few of the additional items that we used for the extra trains. (There is never enough trains for each person when we all play.) If you look closely, you'll see my favorite...an eyeball from an old stuffed toy that my grandpuppy chewed up.
 The pop top and bitty stamp is from StampinUp. I ran it through the Cuttlebug to flatten and fold down the edges. I layered it onto a scalloped circle, and added a ticket stamped with the date (Close to My Heart stamp set, cut with Art Philosophy cartridge), and finished it off with a little bakers twine. I loved the journaling tag from Smash. I have no idea what my son is doing in this picture above...LOL! I sure do love my family!! We have the best time together.
I hope this inspires you to gather your family and play some games!! Oh, and don't forget to have your camera handy. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment