Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Two double Layouts from Niagara Falls - "Breakfast with a View" and "Spoiled"

Two years ago my husband and I stopped at Niagara Falls on our way out to New York for a work trip. We hadn't been in years! I completed these layouts awhile ago, but they caught my eye today as I was going through my layouts trying to decide what to post.

If you've never been to Niagara Falls, I would highly recommend it. Our buffet breakfast was included with our room package. The breakfast was fabulous, but the view was truly amazing.
Thepaper is from Cloud 9 Design. Don't you love the shot of the waitress flipping out the fresh table cloth? We definitely caught her in the act. My hubby probably took the photo, because he's better at catching the action.
 The flower accents were a combination of stickers and some cut by hand from one of the paper designs in the stack. Some of the layers are popped out with dimensionals. The font is Cricut's "Lyrical Letters".

Here are some pictures of our spacious hotel room. I've never stayed in a room like this before. Quite impressive for the deal we got! Some people truly love camping, but I much prefer a beautiful hotel room. =) The burlap ribbon under the title adds a lot of texture to the page. The flowers are Prima with some brads from my stash. I cut the black swirls with my Cricut. The addition of black seemed to help pull it all together for me.
The patterned paper is Pink Paislee "Indigo Bleu" and the stripe from Cloud 9 Design. The wall of folding windows in the bathroom opened up to the bedroom area. We really wished we had more time to enjoy the room, but it was just our first stop on a long agenda.
 The journaling block was cut with Cricut's Art Philosophy cartridge and then stamped with the matching Close to My Heart frame.
 Here's a close-up shot of the burlap, flowers, and title work.
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a lovely week!

1 comment: