Tuesday, June 18, 2013

4th of July layout and wreath

Summer is the time for projects! We have a project going on at our house. I love seeing the progress made, bit by bit. Yes, I'd like to see the finished product!!! Now!?!? ? Okay, so I'm more than a little impatient with projects, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. My poor husband and son are working their tails off. They are putting up Hardie shingle board siding (looks like cedar shakes, but lasts for all eternity...We hope). The trouble comes in when they have everything off the side of the house, and a pop up storm comes through....Frustrating to say the least, and they both work 40 hour plus each week at jobs where they actually get paid. I'm sure they are even more tired of this project than I am.

Along with summer house projects, comes all of the fun patriotic holidays where we burst with pride for our country and honor our service men for their courageous sacrifices. One of our favorites is the 4th of July. It's always fun to make a special meal with the family, and watch the fireworks in town. Last year on the 4th, our grandbaby was only a few months old. We went to the fireworks, but parked way down the road so they wouldn't be too loud for her little ears. I got the cutest picture of her, and came up with this one pager.
Yes, I even broke out the glitter. The Stand and Salute cartridge has great patriotic images like this title and fireworks. I struggled with the color choices since Scarlet was wearing pink, but I wanted to pull in the traditional red, white and blue. The light blue seemed to help. Isn't the expression on her face, just priceless? =)

I don't have many patriotic decorations, but I made this wreath for the door last year. It's very easy and inexpensive to make. Click here for the instructions. I thought it was worth sharing again.
My bandana flower came uncoiled in storage, but a few dabs with the hot glue gun took care of that.
I'm thinking about making a patriotic banner to hang inside. Not sure if I will get to it or not, but you'll be the first to see it, if I do.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Let me know if you have any patriotic projects to share.
Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment