Thursday, March 21, 2013

Feminine Cards

My husband is away on a business trip this week. This is my first time home alone for several days since we've been empty nesters. Very strange, but honestly, it has also been good. I've been getting some projects done here at home. Solitude can be a refreshing experience when you know it's only temporary.

Here are some cards that I made quite some time ago, but never shared on my blog. I guess I was busy sharing all the new scrapbook pages of my sweet granddaughter! =)

The butterfly was cut with Indie cartridge (Cricut). It's such a pretty shaped butterfly! It was fun to bling it up with a few rhinestones and sheer black ribbon. The sentiment, and decorative label and oval punches are from StampinUp! I love that their punches are made to work directly with their stamps. It makes things so much quicker when you're trying to pull a card together. I'm not a fan of cutting things out by hand, if I can help it.

This one is not quite as flashy, but still very girly. The background stamp is from Glitz Designs. I used several different SU punches and stamps to create the layered flower, then dropped a rhinestone in the center. You're probably assuming I sell SU..LOL! Nope, but one of my best friends does...I'm actually just a big fan.

Now for a little critique...I'm thinking a brighter pink would have "popped" a bit more. =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Have a wonderful week. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment