Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cute Mrs. Scarecrow and another double layout "Natural Treasure"

As I was driving home from work tonight I was in awe of the beauty of this time of year. The sun showed it's face just long enough to set the trees on fire with color. The contrast of the bright colors against the dark gray sky was truly glorious!! I hope that you are taking time to notice the beauty all around you.
 
My Mom had her 78th birthday earlier this month. She lives three hours away from me and I struggle with the fact that I can't always get there to celebrate her birthday with her. She's super hard to buy for, so I try to think of something special that will light up her day. I landed on this adorable scarecrow on Pinterest from Splitcoast Stampers. The next day, I made my own. It was so much fun!!


I made mine from scraps. Unfortunately, I don't have the top note die from SU, so I cut my own similar shape from my favorite "Art Philosophy" cartridge. It's a bit more elongated, but it worked great. My piercing tool worked well around the edge along with some distressing ink . Don't be afraid to draw on her sweet eyelashes, smile, blush and the stitching. It's super easier...You can do this!! By using the Cricut machine to make this, you could make it big enough to hang on your front door. =)

I cut two more of the same bracket shape to use for her hat. A short end was used for the hat itself and a slice from the long end for her brim. I ran both pieces through the Cuddlebug before attaching them.

 

 
The bird was also cut with Art Philosophy, but I used my 5 point flower punch from SU (two layers) for the sunflower. I had a bunch of burlap laying around so I pulled out some threads and tucked it under the bird. The leaf pins (Archivers) added a nice touch. I folded some stiff cardstock and added it to the back, like an easel to stand it up. I wrote a note to my Mom on the front edge of the easel.
 

She turned out so adorable, and I had a REALLY hard time putting her in an envelope and sending her off, but I did. I told my Mom not to ever throw her away. I don't think she would, but I'd like to see my Lady Scarecrow again some day.
 
Don't hold me too it, but I think this is my last scrapbook layout from our Lake Placid visit last year.
It's such a beautiful place to visit. You should check it out sometime! There's quite a bit to do and sights to see even before the trees change. We went in mid September, so we missed the color season.
These pictures are taken at the resort where we stayed. Thanks for stopping by today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment