Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Double layout - "Rainforest"

Hello and happy Wednesday!

I have an announcement to make. I'm a Grandma to an absolutely precious and beautiful baby girl. She's our first grandchild and we are so excited. She had a bit of a rough start in the NICU because she was 5 weeks early. All is well now and we are so grateful and feel blessed beyond belief. She has captured our hearts. We had two boys, so a girl is a very special treat!!!  Let the spoiling begin!!

As you can imagine, we've been a little preoccupied for the past 3 weeks...so it's definitely time to share another layout with you. This one is from our shore excursion to Costa Rica during our 25th anniversary cruise. I'm slowly working my way through all of the pictures.

The red cardstock made a great backdrop for all of the lush tropical photos. I framed each photo with a very thin white mat to help it stand out. The title is cut with Cricut's "Life is a Beach" cartridge. There is no shadow for it, so I cut a size up and offset the green from the red.
I used a white gel pen for journalling on and around the pictures.  
 Check out the tree frog. I cut out two frogs (Life is a Beach) of the same size. I cut the legs off the second one to use popped up as a layer to give it a 3D look. I drew on the black speckles and covered it all with Glossy Accents to make it shiny and wet looking. I put it on top of a fancy cut  stamped and embossed leaf.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Can't wait to start working on layouts of our sweet grandbaby!! So much fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment