Monday, April 23, 2012

Two Double Layouts - "Welcome to Costa Rica" and "Paradise"

Hello! Time has just been flying by for me lately. It's definitely time for another post.

Both of these layouts feature pictures taken in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, one of the ports on our 25th anniversary cruise a few Decembers ago. Yes, I'm still working on this album. I'm hoping to get it done before our first grandbaby is born. I'm pretty sure I won't want to scrap anything but her once she's here. I will have to force myself to finish some of these projects.

We took a bus from the port to the edge of the rainforest and then boarded a covered wagon ride into the rainforest. Can I just say how thrilled I was that it was covered? It rained all day and we would have been drenched without it.

The leaf border and larger leaves on the right side are cut with Cricut's "Life is a Beach" cartridge. I inked the edges with a brown ink spot. The title is from Circut "Jubilee".

It had been raining a lot there so you can see how the river is really swollen and running fast. The tour bus actually crossed the bridge in the photo (bottom right). I was holding my breath!!

Here are the two sides together. Didn't I look adorable in my bright blue raincoat? No...but I scrapped the photo anyway!

Next are random shots of all the flowers we saw in the rainforest. What an amazing place!! I won't atempt to bore you with all of the flower names, because I don't remember them all. The paper is We R Memories "Great Escape" line. I sometimes struggle with titles, but again the "Life is a Beach" cartridge came through for me. I made the title the centerpiece of the page and popped it up with foam squares and accented it with layered photo corners.

Here's the right side.  

Close up of the title on teal paper with inked edges. 

Hope you enjoyed seeing a little piece of paradise. This was a trip of a lifetime for us. I'm sure we'll cruise again some day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment