Monday, October 17, 2011

More Simple Cards

Hello friends! It's definitely been a Monday for me. We had a busy, but fun, weekend with our son, who is home on fall break from college! It's so nice to know he's sleeping safe and sound in his bed...where he's been for the last 19 years! We've got one more day with him before he heads back. Thankfully, he's only an hour and 15 minutes away.

I have a few more cards to share with you today. Again, these are pretty simple...but nice to have on hand when you need a spur of the moment card to send.

The first one is a thank you card made from scraps. I inked the edges of both pieces of paper, added ribbon and some flowers from my stash. I threaded the button with floss before adhering it and then tied it in a bow...easy peasy!

I always enjoy finding two scraps that are big enough and actually match, even though they are not even from the same manufacturer....Right now there are lots of beautiful scraps lurking in my scrap binder. In fact, I really need to clean it out. I bought a new one since the old one is exploding, but I haven't made the transfer yet. I'll have to post pics when I get to that. I'm hoping to weed out some of the smaller pieces. Anyway....for this one I used a sentiment from SU, and a scalloped circle punch. The brown layer in the back is the same punch, just offset to give it a little definition. The red is cut with Accent Essentials cartridge (Cricut). I threaded the ribbon through holes punched in top and buttom of sentiment. You can see the pre-embossed shine on one of the flowers (Cloud 9). I really like these colors together.

As you can see, this one is the same patterned paper scraps using a triple matt effect. I  will add the sentiment later when I know the occasion that I'll be using it for. I love the gold ribbon!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your thoughts and comments. I'm thrilled to be going scrapping this Friday through Sunday!!! It's going to be fun and I can't wait to get some long-awaited scrappy time in. I should have some fun stuff to post next week....finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment