Monday, August 29, 2011

Double double vintage wedding layout - "Family" and "The Bridal Party"

Hello! Happy Monday, if there is such a thing. =) My heart goes out to you east coast followers who may have experienced storm damage and/or power outages. Wow! The U.S. has definitely had their share of natural disasters this year! My thoughts are with you.

With my father-in-law's death and my son off to college, my husband and I are still trying to find our new normal. I've had zero time to scrapbook lately. What a whirlwind of emotions and activity!

I want to take a few minutes, though, to post another vintage wedding layout. Still working on my parents' wedding photos. I really hope to be able to work on it again soon!

Left side pictures my Mom's parents. I like the way the flowers match the matting and really help the picture pop.

Right side pics are my Dad's parents. The blue base of the flowers is punched with a SU punch and the store bought flowers are layered on the top with a pearlized blue gem for the center of the flower. The leaves are hand cut and inked around the edges.  

I like the way it turned out. It's difficult to deal with all black and whites, but throwing in bursts of color seems to help. The title again is cut with the Cricut Quarter Note cartridge.

 The second layout is the bridesmaids. The newspaper article that my Mom saved described the wedding in great detail. It's been really helpful picturing the colors in my mind. I journaled arouond the yellow matting, describing the colors the bridesmaids wore. The bridesmaids on the left are my Mom's sisters, and her maid of honor is actually her then future sister-in-law. I thought that was interesting, but most likely she chose my Dad's sister so she didn't have to choose between her own 3 sisters for a maid of honor.

Her colors were all pastel. I used some small polka-dot ribbon with the same pastels and gathered it up a little on one end. The flowers are punched with the SU three flower punch and topped with a tiny gemstone. 

The title which is split between the pages is also from Cricut's Quarter Note. 

Thanks for stopping by. Blessings to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment