Thursday, July 28, 2011

Anniversary Cruise - Double layout of San Felipe Fortress

Happy Thursday everybody. Hope you are all enjoying your day. It has been so long since I have scrapbooked...insert sad face here. I can't wait until next weekend. I'm hoping to get a lot done and enjoy some time with my scrapping buddies. I still have a few layouts that I haven't shared with you yet, so it's not quite time for me to panic.

Today, I have another double layout of pictures from Cartagena, Columbia. This was our first port on our 25th anniversary cruise. We took a ton of pictures here and I'm reliving it all again while I work on the album. It's probably just as hot here today as it was when we were there, so that helps me relive it quite nicely.

I used a grid style layout again so that I can make the most of the space in my album.

The paper is Bazzill, Coredinations, and the strip is My Minds Eye. I used my Cuttlebug to dry emboss the Coredinations with the Tim Holtz "brick" folder. A little bit of inking around the edges of the dry embossing helps to bring out depth and emphasize the brick. I love everything Tim Holtz and have several of his embossing folders. I use them a lot for cards and am trying to use them more and more on layouts. The texture made a nice backdrop for my title cut with Cricut "Lyrical Letters", Jack Sprat font.

On the right side I saved room for a litle bit of striped paper (My Minds Eye) punched with the Fiskar's postage stamp border punch. The crochet look red ribbon is from Making Memories and really helped bring out the red in the pictures. There was not a lot of room for journalling so I used the my Dymo label maker (clear tape).

We had such a great time in Cartagena, Columbia. If you ever get a chance to visit, go for it. The architecture is so varied and the views are just beautiful from the top of the fortress. I'll share some of those pictures with you on my next post. Until then, have a happy scrappy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment