Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Take a Bow" - Hello Dolly scrapbook layout

As promised, I'm back with some layouts for my son's book. Jacob is a very talented young man... from athletics to the arts. He gives me a lot to scrap about!

He landed one of the lesser leads in the spring musical at his school, Hello Dolly. He played the part of Ambrose. Apparently, he landed that part because he is one of the best male dancers at his school. LOL! His character enters a dance contest in the play.  It was so hard to choose the photos to include. I could easily have done three layouts. Unfortunately, his book is almost full and it needs to be complete for his graduation open house next month.

Okay, so my favorite part of this layout is the black tone-on-tone mustache paper! It has a little bit of a sheen to it. I was able to make a larger mustache embellishment with my Paisley Cricut cartridge. This was the very first time, I've used this cartridge, but it was perfect for making a mustache. I cut one paisley shape, and then used the "flip" button for the second. I should have taken a close up! I overlapped them in a way that made them look connected. To shadow it, I simply cut the next largest size up. The background patterned paper is Glitz Design. the border embellishments are Graphic 45. These embellishments were just perfect for a theater layout like this. I used the rest of them on another layout that I'll share later. The title is cut with Quarter Note Cricut cartridge. I LOVE this cart and used it so many times on these layouts for Jacob's album. He's a musical guy! Can you see the little picture on the top left? I used the StampinUp! postage stamp punch to cut it out. It's a picture of Jacob and his dance partner which was taken for advertisements prior to the play. Can you see his beard!!! Oh my word, I'm so glad that is gone!

The right side highlights the excellent waiter crew that stole the show with their well-rehearsed routines. I used StampinUp! antique brads on each side of the date tag. and StampinUp! bracket mat punch for a little bit of journalling. It sounds like I sell SU, but I don't. But, I do LOVE their punches and stamps!

Here they are together. There are 15 pictures on this page, but Jacob loves it that way!! He wants to remember everybody in the show with him. I hope he will enjoy his album for years to come. I've had a blast putting it together. I may even make a similar Hello Dolly layout for the family album. It was a great show and a great memory for all of us. 

1 comment:

  1. Great photo arrangement. His acheivement speaks highly of his parents!

    ReplyDelete