Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Port Labadee" cruise layout

Hello friends! I've started working on the pictures from our 25th anniversary cruise! We cruised in December and it was absolutely wonderful!

Labadee is a port in Haiti which is owned by Royal Caribbean. It's picture perfect and the beach is wonderful! This is the only part of Haiti that we saw, except some additional shoreline on our boat tour. It was sad to think that much of the rest of Haiti is really struggling.

The left side shows my sweet hubby and some great shots of the Jewel of the Seas. The tickets were cut with my Cricut and Graphically Speaking cartridge. I used the Fiskars postage stamp border punch. The title font is from the Boys Will be Boys cartridge. The arrow font is pretty cool for travel layouts!


We shot some closeups of ourselves when we got back on the ship. It was a warm day, hence the sweat and lack of makeup...lol...You can tell we're on vacation! I journaled on a sticker that I found in my travel stash. I matted it so it would pop off the page a little bit and added twine. The brackets are chipboard that I painted to match the title.

We had such a great adventure together!!!  This was our first cruise, but hopefully not our last!! 

I'm typically a two page scrapper, so I struggle a bit with that first page of my albums. I decided to keep it as simple as possible and use the postcards I'd collected of the ship, and all of our ports. I had to trim them down slightly and overlap them here and there in order to save room for my title. I cut circles from the sides of two of the postcards and embellished with a punched circle, sun, and gemstone. I labeled each postcard with the day number of the cruise using my label maker loaded with the clear tape.
There will be many, many more cruise layouts to share soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I always appreciate your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment