Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Three birthday layouts to share - "Flicks", "Happy Birthday Boys", "Make a Wish"

Please explain how March has come so quickly? While I'm ready for spring to come, it seems the months are flying by. Happy March 1st!

Since it's been a week since I've posted, I want to share three birthday layouts with you!! It seems all I've worked on lately is birthday pics, so there will be more birthday stuff later. Our boys share the same big day...August 22 (1990 and 1992). So, August is a big month for us, and then my birthday follows in September. My husband celebrated his 50th in January. Needless to say, I put my new "Birthday Bash" cricut cartridge to work lately. =)

Here we go. First up is "Happy Birthday Boys". The pictures were taken during our family celebration in our back yard. The weather was perfect. A pretty simple layout...I had fun with the banner!




Next up is my layout "Make a Wish". These pictures are from the following weekend when they had their friends over to celebrate their birthday with them. It's so nice that they have many of the same friends. That's what happens when you're close in age and go to the same small school... Everybody is friends with everybody. Kind of nice!

I was nervous about all of the bright colors going together, but I LOVE the way it turned out. My two guys are on the right side page.



Last, but not least (actually my fave of the three) is "Flicks". After the food and cake, they watched a movie in our backyard!!! We hung a white sheet on the fence and borrowed some equipment from our church. It was pretty cool. Jacob loves to do this and I'm sure it will be an annual event as long as he's living with us...which better be a long time!=) I changed the pictures to black and white, and turned it into a vintage-look layout. The "Flicks" icon is from the Nifty Fifties cartridge. Love this!!! I used it alot for my hubbies birthday layouts. You'll see those in future posts.



Lovin all of the Tim Holtz papers and filmstrip here. I may change my film reel. It doesn't look quite right and I've since thought of a better way to make one. Anyway, I love the vintage look and I hope that it inspires you in some way. Check back later for even more birthday layouts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment