Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"O' Christmas Tree" layout

Since the weather has turned snowy and cold again, I'm thinking of Christmas past....I finished this layout recently and thought I should share it before summer. =)

Left side:

This is my own sketch. I wish I could tell you the brand of paper, but I don't remember. I did purchase it at JoAnn's, though. The Christmas print ribbon tape is from Me and My Big Ideas. The branch die cut is Cricut's Jolly Holidays. Can you see the shiney snowflakes behind the branch? Here's a closer look at them.

I stamped the snowflake design with VersaMark (basically sticky ink) and sprinkled on clear embossing powder (Ranger).  It turns clear when you heat it up with the heat gun. I thought it added a little somethin, somethin to look at behind the branch. The snowflake stamp is from The Paper Studio.

Here's the right side. The title is cut from Cricut's Winter Wonderland. One of my favorite fancy fonts! 
Hope you enjoy the pictures of our tree this year. It seems each year we pick "the one"!! I think it won't be as good as the year before, but it's always even better. This was one of the fattest trees we've ever had in our living room. It was pretty enormous for our tiny house, but we made room. =)


It's never too late to scrap your Christmas pictures. I hope this inspires you to get 'em done. I still have a few more Christmas layouts to do. Hopefully I can tackle these at the next scrapping retreat. I will also have some 25th anniversary cruise pictures to do....It's so hard to decide what to work on sometimes. The order doesn't matter, I guess. I usually grab what I feel like working on the most at that particular moment...

Also, I'd love it if you take a minute to follow this link and vote for my card on Scrapbooks, etc.
I submitted a picture on their Craft it Forward page and have been selected to be voted on. If I get the most votes, I'm eligible to win a cash prize at the end of the month for me and for my favorite charity. Click here to vote. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout! I may "steal" this idea when I get ready to scrap my Christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete