Friday, February 11, 2011

"Tool Time" layout

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my crafty blog friends! I'm so excited that the weekend is FINALLY here. It's been a really long week for me. Just really busy at my day job. I'm ready for a couple of days off, not at my desk.

Today, I'm sharing a layout that I finished recently which includes pictures from my son's tool party. My husband wanted to throw him a party before his wedding. They met at one of the pavilions a Pokagon State Park and had a great time enjoying each other's company. Joel received a bunch of really great tools to get him started.

My friend bought me this paper, specifically for these pictures and it really helped me jump start the design. If anybody is interested in the supply list, please leave me a comment and I'll post it later. It's at home written on the back of the layout. Does anybody else do that? I find it works well to keep track of the supplies used. Ideally, I take 10 minutes and type out all of the supplies in all of my layouts into a Word document for future reference and save it with the photos of my layouts. That's the part that doesn't always get done, but it is a great way to keep it all organized. I'd love to hear what the rest of you bloggers do to keep track of supplies used on a layout.

Here we go with the left side:
The title is cut with my Cricut from a sheet of real wood. Also braided hemp is tied around the title strip. Can you see the screw top brads on the journalling strip? These brads are great for guy pages...Both types of screw heads are included in the pack.

Right side: 
I love the right side of this die cut paper with all of the cool shiny tools! I used more wood on this side to tie it in with the left side and added black sticker letters of variou sizes. I followed through with rounded corners in my collage to match the rounded corners on the diecut paper.

Here they are together. Remember you can double click it and it should enlarge so you can see some of the details. 
Hope that you get some type of inspiration from this totally "guy" layout! Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. These are terrific layouts. As for keeping track, I am not that disciplined. If I know I am posting it on my blog or submitting for a contest or challenge then I keep track otherwise, I don't. Hmmm, now you have made me think twice about it.
    Is that a bad thing that I don't do it on a regular basis?
    When I do keep track for the reasons stated, I just jot it down & type it into a word document.
    Keep the crafts coming!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! Yea, I know, I'm a little weird about keeping track of everything on each layout. However, I recently submitted to a Scrapstreet call and when they picked my layout for publication, they needed all of the supplies used. Of course, I hadn't written it down, so it was difficult to recreate it at that point. I did figure it out,but it took more time. I appreciate you and all of your tips and helpful info! Thanks again for checking out my blog. You're so kinb!

    ReplyDelete