Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First Day of Senior Year

Hope your Christmas celebrations were wonderful! We had a great time together. Looking forward to celebrating some more this weekend with our extended family. This post has nothing to do with Christmas at all. =) Thought it was time to give you something new to look at, though.

My son, Jacob, is a senior this year. What makes that even more significant is that he had to transfer to a new school this year. It's going really well for him! This layout is pictures taken the morning before he left for his first day of school. We've had a tradition of going out for breakfast on the first day of school. It's always been a lot of fun, even though it means getting up earlier. So, this is my last "1st day of school" layout! Isn't that sad??? Oh my goodness (sniff).... I'll try to be strong.

Left side:
I should explain here that he doesn't typically have to get all dressed up with a tie. He played goal keeper on the varsity soccer team. They had a game that day, so he had to dress up on his first day, which was a bit of a bummer. I used his new school colors and that worked so well with the clothing he and my hubby were both wearing. 
 Right Side (my photo is a bit blurry...=()
The layout ended up almost too balanced and symmetrical, so I added the off centered brackets at the bottom to throw things off a little bit. 

Together:
If you're wondering about the snazzy blue car, it's from Paper Doll cartridge. It's one of the accessories. My son probably wishes he had a cool car like this, but as you can see from the top left picture, he does not.

Have a happy New Year and enjoy your time celebrating! Thanks for following my blog. I look forward to another year of scrappy fun with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment