Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Ride" - Vacation at Lake Michigan

Hellooooooooo Saturday!!!! Some weekends are more longed for than others and I've been waiting for this one all week long. =) My family is out raking leaves and I'm getting laundry and housework under control. Just enough time to work in a little scrappy blogging.

This layout is posted right now on a couple of challene blogs, so I thought I should go ahead and share it here as well. I love the way that it turned out. The pictures are from our vacation this summer (early June). We got a screaming deal on a cottage within walking distance of the great Lake Michigan and we had a ball!

The sketch (left side) was posted as a sketch challenge on www.sisterhoodofscrap.com by Rochelle Spears. It's also posted onPaper Secrets October technique challenge. The drawings are usually random, and maybe I'll win some fun stuff.

I started by misting the paper with bronze Smooch Spray to give it a pretty spattered mud look which goes along with the dune ride pictures quite nicely. The background paper is KC Company. The red and cream mat is an 8x8 stack from Great Escape. The letter print and metallic flowers and tag are Jolee's Boutique (tag was cut from the packaging). I added a bottom layer for each of the flowers which was punched with my SU flower punch and crumpled up a bit for texture. The letter "r" is from XY&Z. I liked the look of the letter stickers spelling out ride on top of the letter emphasizing the dune ride up and down the hills.


I got a little crazy and added some bronze metallic dots to the flower cut outs on the journaling strip which is also from Great Escape. The bottom edge of the journalling strip was punched with a border punch to look like notebook paper and inked with red.I inked all of the edges of the flowers with red. I used my distressing tool and roughed up the edge of the matts on the main photos and then used the red ink to emphasize the distressing. Then, I topped off the great picture of Jacob and his girlfriend, Anna, with a ribbon and layered the bow with another yarn bow just because...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment