Friday, October 22, 2010

Blackhawk Christian Soccer layout - Senior Night

Howdy! Got some scrappin done last weekend and it's time to share!

I've blogged before about Jacob having to change schools in his senior year. While it was not what any of us wanted (his small Christian school closed due to financial reasons), the transition is going fairly smoothly. He made the varsity team and this layout is pictures of Senior recognition night. It was really odd to walk out on the field and meet him amongst relatively new acquaintances. We've met a few parents and students and they have been very welcoming. However, it wasn't "my" plan for Jacob in his senior year, so it has just taken some getting used to on our part.

The first is the left side of the layout featuring the senior recognition. I believe the papers were from Bo Bunny "Roughin It" collection. The back side of the papers are all about camping, but this side is perfect for these colorful soccer pictures. The sketch is one from Lets Scrap
I didn't win the prize drawing at Lets Scrap, but it is always fun to paticipate! Here is the right side of the sketch. I've done 3 x 3 grids like this before, but the differnce with this sketch is the square that is under the striped paper in center of the layout. Mine is in Kraft. It gives it kind of a tic tac toe look. I'm kinda liking it, but the picture of the layout may not be showing it clearly. I used Sports Mania Criucut cartridge to cut the soccer ball and I rounded it up in the middle a little bit with a foam square to make it look more like a ball rather than flat. And...who is that awesome keeper???? He did a good job with the little bit of field time that he got this year. Again, a little frustrating, but definitely a good character-building experience.
Here are the two pages together. Thanks for looking! I'm looking for more followers for my blog. So, if you enjoy what you see, please click on the "Follow" button and you'll get an email every time I update! If you know anybody else who might enjoy the blog, feel free to pass it along! The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment