Monday, February 8, 2010

Surf Lessons


Here's a layout of my boys, Joel and Jacob, in Maui when they were taking surf lessons. There will be more later of the actual surfing. Let's call this one their "dry run" on the sand. They had such a great time! This sketch is from Let's Scrap. I put my twist on it in order to work best with my photos. I find that sketches help me get going quicker on a layout. It gives me a place to start. I just pick my paper and I'm on my way!This particular sketch shows a lot of embellishments, but since my paper had such bold patterns already, I stuck with the wave borders and ric rac. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites that you've done so far for the Hawaii album! I love the wave theme from the paper and then the way you embellished everything to flow together. Good job, BSBFF! (best scrapbook friend forever)lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my BSBFF! You're the pro, so I appreciate what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete