Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Two Page Scrapbook Layout - "The Ride"

Here's another travel layout from our trip to Israel in 2017!!
 This layout is the second half of the last layout I shared from our jeep tour up into the Golan Heights area. The ride down was amazing.. from our group picnic, to the company, to the gorgeous views of the Sea of Galilee in the distance.

Our picnic was at a clearing in a safe spot with a watering hole where the soldiers come to cool off. We sat on benches and rugs and had a very tasty gourmet buffet. I was worried how I'd like the food there, but I liked almost everything that was served to us through our trip!
 As we wound our way back down, we stopped at several spots for pictures. When we got back to meet up with our bus, our driver purchased some lychee fruit from a local who was selling it. I'd never tried it before. They taste like a cross between a large juicy grape and a small kiwi. Total YUM, especially when super hot and thirsty. There was some controversy from the locals over the best way to get inside to the fruit 😃, but we picked our method and enjoyed every bite.
I cut the mountains and pine trees with my Cricut to resemble the hills and trees in the area. I used travel washi and a leftover strip of travel paper with a map. I used travel washi to cover some wood embellishments (arrow, circle, pennant). I also broke out the roll of "filmstrip" that I haven't used in years. I think it added a lot to this page. I try to plan ahead when printing pictures and order as many pics as possible in wallet size in order to fit a lot more pics on the page.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment