Saturday, March 9, 2019

Two Page Scrapbook Layout - "The Big Adventure"


Two years ago, we were blessed beyond belief to be invited to attend a work trip to Israel. One of the favorite parts of my job is helping to plan and organize agent incentive and training trips that we offer every two years. I typically am invited on the domestic trips only, but in 2017, I was giddy with the surprise invitation for my husband and I to join the group in Israel for our company's centennial year! Wow!!! 

I finished the album about 6 months ago, but haven't shared any of the layouts yet. It always takes me a while to photograph each page, then crop and edit them. So, now is the time! I will space them out a little with other family layouts, so that it doesn't get too boring. I was afraid all of the layouts might look the same, but I think they all have their own look and feel. So...here we go!! I'll share them in the same chronological order as our trip, because that is how my brain works.
What a long couple of flights! We broke it up a bit by laying over in Paris, so that I wouldn't get too sore from sitting. I have arthritis and sciatic issues, so getting out and moving was very helpful, even though it meant taking longer to get there.
From the moment we were picked up at the airport and ushered quickly through security, we were pampered and spoiled. The travel company took great care of us and we could relax and enjoy. It was such a joy to see the trip that we'd been planning for more than two years, playout in real life!
From the moment we started the commute from airport to hotel, it was obvious that we were not in the US. We knew this would be a great adventure and a trip of a lifetime for us!!

Even if you are not interested in Israel, these simple layouts can be used for any type of travel, or as a template for any two page layout, really. Just switch out the paper and embellishments and make it your own!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment