Thursday, April 4, 2013

Two page layout - "LUV Her"

The sun is shining here in Fort Wayne and it's marvelous. I have to share something colorful with you to celebrate the sun!! This is actually one of my faves and I'm excited to share it with you. I tried something new with chipboard....Chipboard+Washi Tape+Ink = Fun layout!!
First of all, the beautiful subject of these photos is my grandbaby, Scarlet. She was 3 months old at the time. She'll be one-year-old later this month. What a precious gift from God!

Now back to the chipboard fun! I picked up these chipboard flowers at a garage sale. They were originally white and as you can see the center circle is removeable. I covered the center with Washi tape, inked the outside scalloped edge with hot pink, and Voila!
A couple of the centers were a bit of a tight squeeze to fit back into the scalloped edge. A gentle sanding around the outside edge did the trick.
 This colorful tape is from Smashbox. I lined it up on the page for some additional color. I added a few colored metallic dots, Baker's twine around one of the scallopd edges, and a button, then journalled around the outside of the circle.

Thanks or stopping by my blog today! Have a fabulous weekend! I'm going to do some scrapping. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment