Thursday, December 1, 2011

Two Cartagena layouts - "Ancient Doors" & "San Pedro Claver"

Does everybody have their home decorated for Christmas? If so, I'm impressed. We are just getting started. We have a lot of Christmas decorations, so it's quite a chore...but, it will be so great when the house is shimmering and cozy. I'll have to post a picture when we get it finished.

Today, I have two more layouts of pictures from Cartagena, Columbia to share with you. I believe these are the last layouts for this port on our 25th anniversary cruise.  In fact, these were taken right on the BIG day! It will be 26 years on December 7. We won't be cruising again this year...We'll probably have a nice dinner and stay home and watch a movie. LOL!

On to the layout. Here's the left side. The patterned paper background is My Minds Eye. There were so many beautiful old doors in "old town", I just had to do a layout because the pictures were too great not to scrap. My kids thought it was more than a little ironic that I had the word "ancient" right above my husband. LOL!

They were all so different and amazing in their own way! I used brads to echo the look of the iron work on the doors. 

I used some masking tape with a postage stamp design as an accent, layering in with the journalling.

 Here are the two pages together. I had some travel stickers in my stash. I rarely use stickers anymore, but I liked the way these looked on here. I really need to go through my stickers and do some purging!

Now...on to San Pedo Claver. Here's the left side. This church was also part of our Cartagena city tour. So much history and beauty in the old architecture. I found some great chipboard that looked kind of architectural when layered up with some metallic brads.

The map paper was torn horizontally and rolled back. I also used some Tim Holtz masking tape alogn the edge of the pictures.

Here are both pages side-by-side. 

Thanks for looking today! Have a great week. I still can't belive it's Thursday already. Where oh where has the week gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment