Monday, September 27, 2010

Frozen...Ice storm of December, 2008

Good morning! Happy Monday! I enjoyed some great scrapping time with a friend this weekend! As much as I love to spend the whole weekend letting the creative juices flow, it's hard to get all of the normal weekend chores done. So...guess I'm going to the grocery store tonight. :)
This layout is pictures of the big ice storm we had here in Fort Wayne, Indiana in December 2008. I'm starting to pull out more and more pictures from the past to get them into the scrapbook! This ice storm knocked out the power to the area for two and a half days. It was pretty miserable. We stayed in our home with no heat and the temps outside were sub zero!! Needless to say, it was memorable!

I used a border punch to make the tree look a little whimsy. As I look at it now, I think it would have been fun to skip the punch, but use a crimper instead so it would look even more like tree bark. This close up shows the stickles on the branches too.
The metallic letters give it a nice chilly look.
Enjoy and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment